The Nyou Festival is being held for the second time in Tirana, Albania and aims to build a tradition of its own to raise awareness of the role young people can play in society by engaging through art. This project will provide an alternative platform for music groups from Albania and the region to share their experiences and build collaborative lines for the future. Students, artists, academics, connoisseurs and music lovers will have the opportunity to get acquainted with different genres of music such as Balkan Beats, Standard Jazz, Alternative Jazz, during different activities during the day and during different evening performances. Afro Beat etc. An added value to this initiative is the social aspect it brings through raising a problem in society and influencing it, through voluntary activism. Using its stage, the Nyou Festival aims to strongly influence population awareness in dealing with marginalized groups, enabling different organizations to convey various social issues through art.
Project Objectives :
1. Providing a space to enhance collaboration between music students and different music groups in Albania and the region. Their interaction becomes even more effective and long lasting by being recognized through their performances on the same stage.
2. Offering detailed and extensive programs of a wide range of genres of music, of a high quality and professional level. These programs will highlight the historical, artistic, and social values of these genres by staging some of the local bands that represent them best.
3. Activating the community of musicians by engaging youth groups in music activities that expand their knowledge by putting theories into practice and combining musical history with innovative methods of making art.
4. Using the music scene to raise awareness among the general population on social issues and to encourage their activation to become part of change for the better. Increasing confidence in activities with a social focus that best combine art, culture and society.
5. Offering a more unique alternative to the Albanian public where, besides getting acquainted with new bands, being aware of different styles of art, they can feel like active citizens contributing to their improvement of a problematic social. Increasingly the need to find interesting activities intertwined with social aspects are proving effective in the development of society.