Eye-to-Eye, The Festival Quarterly
‘Eye-to-Eye, The Festival Quarterly’ is the European Festivals Association’s (EFA) brand new E-magazine. It assembles a variety of voices that speak about our society, the state of the arts and reasons why the arts exist, concepts, and moments in contemporary life. It includes articles EFA commissions and material editors provide. It reflects EFA’s journey to broaden conversations and dig into the habitat of festivals, taking us well beyond the process of festival making. Eye-to-Eye is published every 3 months. Stay tuned!
The Summer edition Eye-to-Eye offers you stories, perspectives, phenomenon and reflections related to the current situation in which we live, told from the point of view of 6 authors, among which:
- Aleš Šteger - How to live after the end of reflection
- Ayoko Mensah - Afropolitan festivals: a challenge
- Alicja Gescinska - On Music, Morality and Krzysztof Penderecki
- Tomáš Sedláček - Advantages of disadvantages, or don’t let the quarantine slip through your fingers
- Melanie Burge - The pandemic’s immediate impact on performing arts in Australia
- Simon Mundy - Mediterranean Blues
☀️ Enjoy the read and the end of a special festival Summer! 📖👓
FestivalFinder.eu (a)Live Now - Survey on Festivals & Villages/Towns
Festivals and villages/towns are Siamese twins. They serve citizens, audiences and visitors. There is a great potential to unlock on a local level through more collaborations between them. Reply to our survey!
Perform Europe Opening Event
Join Perform Europe’s online Opening Event on 28 January at 14:00 CET. Prepare to hit the road because you are invited on an 18-month journey to test, discuss and propose a new support scheme for the performing arts in all the Creative Europe countries.