The EFFEA Call is open: Apply now!
Apply before 15 November 2022 to the open call for festivals to support emerging artists.
We are happy to announce that the EFFEA call is open.
EFFEA - the European Festivals Fund for Emerging Artists – is a project that offers emerging artists a platform to develop their career on an international level through festivals.
We invite all interested festivals based in one of the eligible countries to partner with at least two other festivals in different countries to support an emerging artist.
This first EFFEA call will support 50 festivals and their emerging artists for an artistic residency programme between 1 February and 31 December 2023. Apply for an EFFEA grant before 15 November 2022 on the EFFEA platform.
Prepare your application
- Register your festival on FestivalFinder.eu - a mandatory condition (or update your account if you are already registered).
- See which emerging artist your festival would like to support.
- Check which category your festival will apply for: EFFEA “Discovery” Artist or EFFEA “Springboard” Artist.
- Contact at least 2 partner festivals with whom you would like to join forces. Didn’t decide yet? Find your partners on FestivalFinder.eu.
- Prepare your application by collecting the information and writing the answers beforehand as well as the annexes. You will not be able to save your application once you start filling in the online form on the EFFEA platform. Please have a look at the Word application form first.
We had an enthousiastic info session yesterday to go in detail through the call. We would like to thank the 180+ participants who joined us online. The session was recorded. You can watch the recording of the session and go through the powerpoint that we have presented. Collected questions are all part of the "Frequently Asked Questions" page.
Find out more about EFFEA and the application criteria by reading the full call. If you have any questions, you can write to Donika Rudi Berishaj, EFFEA coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s a straight forward process: take a chance!
We wish you good luck.
EFFEA is an initiative of the European Festivals Association, co-funded by the European Union, implemented in partnership with 14 EFFE Hubs: Croatian Composers Society (Croatia), PLMF Arts Management (Estonia), France Festivals (France), Festival Friends (Germany), Stichting Caucasus Foundation (Georgia), Summa Artium Kultúra Támogató Nonprofit Kft. (Hungary), Association of Irish Festival Events (Ireland), ItaliaFestival (Italy), ARC Research and Consultancy Ltd. (Malta), Asociația Centrul Cultural Clujean (Romania), ArtLink (Serbia), Sweden Festivals (Sweden), Izmir Foundation for Culture Arts and Education – IKSEV (Turkey), Development Centre "Democracy through Culture" (Ukraine).
June is Pride Month. It is celebrated each year during the month of June since more than 50 years. This means that the whole month is dedicated to the recognition and the commemoration of the lgbtqia+ community.
Sunny days are back! We thought that you may want to go to outdoor festivals. Nothing better to bring a little freshness. This month we will focus on festivals which have outdoor venues and also organise free events!